Amanda from The $900 Facebook Pony started a new hop and asked what are your top 5 horse show essentials?
I haven’t shown in over 2 years now so I can’t really say too much but when I was showing my essentials were:
- My Stanley Trunk is definitely on s Amanda also said this thing is the best! It is light enough that even when it is packed I can usually lift it into the bed of a truck. It is large enough to hold almost everything I need at a show except my medical kit – which is handily stored in another Stanley. My only complaint is that the lock that is built in fell out and the buckles have gotten beat up. I can still lock it though so no big. It isn’t going to win any beauty pageants but I still love it!
- Higher Standards Leather Saddle Soap will always be found with me at a show. I love that it somewhat conditions as you clean. There is also nothing like the pleasant scents. I always know my things will be in great shape when I have this stuff in my trunk.
- Next is my Braiding Belt which at this point I have largely improved on. I purchased dull metal needles at a craft store, hair clips, and sharper scissors which leave me armed to battle even the gnarliest of manes! With this thing everything I need is on hand and easy to get to!
- Snacks requires little to no elaboration. Water, granola bars, candy, cookies, sandwiches – everything to keep you happy morning to sunset is vital. I am not a good rider when I am hangry!
- Last but not least are my Dubarry Galway boots. Rain or shine these guys are my go to. I used to wear Danskos when I was not in my riding boots but now I wear my DG to the barn literally everyday. 3 years strong and they still clean up great and are just as effective and useful as day one making them worth every penny!
What are yours? Join the hop!