I have been doing a lot of inventory as I organize the trailer – that post to come soon – and thought I would share some household items that I keep on hand – I didn’t realize how many “non horse” brand items I had. Given the insane markup on all things horse it shouldn’t be that surprising though. Below are some of the first things that came to mind. I know there are more but I would love to hear about any household items that you double agent in the barn!
- Gold Bond – great for wrapping legs for a long trip if horse has any skin funk
- Baby Powder – ” ” also great for under wraps
- Baby Wipes – great for barns without easy water access (good for horse and human)
- Dawn Dish Soap – perfect for scrubbing legs
- Hydrogen Peroxide – wound care
- Chlorhexadine – great for flushing wounds (thanks for this knowledge Houston)
- Duct tape – does this need elaboration?
- Diapers – awesome for hoof packing and wrapping
- Epsom Salt – cheap for soaking hooves
Are there any household items that you all like to keep in the trailer or barn?