When all of the 2016 year in review posts started going up it was a a given that the 2017 goals posts would crop up as well. I have had a lot of fun seeing what everyone hopes to get into this year and I can’t wait to see where the year takes me and my creatures as well. No doubt 2016 was a success but I wish that I had buckled down harder on my personal goals. Maybe this year will be the year!
First and foremost in all categories I want to have fun. Given how well this attitude treated me last year I am going full force with it into 2017.
- Work out 2x week
- Read 1 book a month
- Run a 5k
- Reduce snacking and eat healthier
- Lose 20 lbs – this was an epic fail from last year and I really want to buckle down
- Lesson 2x month
- Spend more time in 2 point in warm up
- Attend 1 or more learning opportunity – I have my sights set on the KWPN annual meeting
- Improve walk to canter transitions
- Spend time working on lateral movements (leg yields, shoulder in, haunches in, turn on fore and hind)
- Ride 1 dressage test a month at home for practice
- Teach to accept/tolerate ponying Luna
- Ride bridle less by end of year
- Score under 40 in dressage
- Possibly breed her?! This is still on the table and I am trying to decide how feasible it could be.
- Practice cross tying
- Walk into wash rack and stand for bathing willingly
- Go into arena at least 1x a month to walk around
- Learn to stand tied to the trailer
- Learn to load with one person
- Learn how to pony off Annie
- Get inspected in fall 2017
- Get microchipped
These are all more like loose guidelines. With any luck this year will be like last in that I will be able to expand on on a lot of my goals and Annie and Luna will be little super stars!
Do you have big plans for thing coming year?