In all of my time blogging I have never really written any goals posts so this is a first. While I would like to be on top of it enough to do monthly or even quarterly goals I figure I can do touch bases instead on the goals I want to accomplish for the year.
- Take lessons 2x a week ideally (at least 1x/week or 4x/month)
- Learn how to do hunter braids
- Jump around 3’6 course confidently
- Show over 3′ (if a lease is available to do so)
- Quieter seat and upper body
- Be more positive about progress
- Track horse spending (board, farrier, vet, lessons, shopping, etc)
- HAVE FUN!
- Workout 2x a week (outside of the saddle)
- Eat out less / do better at meal planning
- Lose 20lbs throughout the year (weekly weigh ins – #goalbreeches)
- Read at least 1 book a month
- Teach her leg yields/ shoulder fore
- Smoother transitions
- Practice controlled lead changes
- Jump 2′ courses
- Go to at least 2 schooling shows
- Go trail riding off property at least 1x
- Self load/unload on trailer
- Tie to trailer
- Improve Ground Manners
- Increase patience with farrier
- Crosstie trustworthiness
- Keep things fun!
I think that these goals should keep us quite busy for the year. After this weekend I think that some of them are more stretch goals than others but many should be very attainable with consistent work!
Do any of you guys have similar goals? Any tips for keeping on track?